terça-feira, 17 de outubro de 2017

We'll Be Just Fine with Burn The Louvre - An Interview


Indie rock inteligente e vibrante ainda existe, é apenas uma questão de procurar no lugar certo. Neste caso, ele se encontra em Ontario, Canadá, e atende pelo nome de Burn The Louvre.

"We´ll Be Just Fine", novo trabalho dos caras é urgente, buscando conexões com The Jam, Undertones, Arctic Monkeys e afins, sem soar pejorativo, pelo contrário, apenas seis exemplos de que ainda existe vida no indie rock.

Nada de novo, nada de inovador, apenas indie rock como deve ser, ponto positivo para o Burn The Louvre.

***** Interview with Burn The Louvre *****



Q. When did Burn The Louvre start? Tell us about the history...
My brother Dylan and I started writing songs for Burn The Louvre as far back as 7 years ago. I got sick of being the drummer in my old band so I quit, taught myself guitar and decided to start performing my own songs, Dylan had some of his own songs too, so with the help of a couple friends we put out Post-Romance EP November 2014. After dealing with some unforeseen delays and obstacles we were finally able to release our brand new EP We'll Be Just Fine this past July.

Q: Who are your influences?
A lot of Canadian bands actually. I love Joel Plaskett Emergency, Sam Roberts Band, Metric, our local Hamilton boys in the Arkells & The Dirty Nil, but then I'm also a huge Lana Del Rey fan. I'm always a fan of some good hip-hop (see: Dr. Dre, Kendrick Lamar, Childish Gambino etc.) and of course I love Bob Marley, but I mean who doesn't love Bob Marley right?

Q. Make a list of 5 albums of all time…
That is a tough one, but my personal list would be:

1. Love At The End Of The World - Sam Roberts
2. The Devil & God Are Raging Inside Me - Brand New
3. Three - Joel Plaskett
4. The Chronic - Dr. Dre
5. Favourite Worst Nightmare - Arctic Monkeys

Q. How do you feel playing live?
Centre stage is my favourite place in the whole wide world. It's me and 3 other guys just taking what the crowd is giving us and we do our best to give it back to them tenfold. I love getting the crowds going, because when they're into it and feeling it, it just makes my job so much easier.

Q. How do you describe Burn The Louvre sounds?
I would say it's a combination of 90's guitar rock bands like the Pixies and Weezer mixing modern indie rock bands like Arctic Monkeys with some acoustically pleasing sounds deriving from Joel Plaskett and Sam Roberts. I'm hoping to eventually push this into a more Lana Del Rey dream pop kind of direction when the time is right.


Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
We had these songs kind of kicking around for a year or so prior to recording, so when we got into the studio to record them properly it was a pretty fluid process. Everybody knew their parts so that made things a lot easier. Some scheduling conflicts, but sometimes that's the way things go. Overall I'm quite happy with how this EP turned out.

Q. Which new bands do you recommend?
There are some great new bands from right here in Hamilton that I love: Aron D'Alesio, The Bandicoots, Silvertone Hills, Parts & Service, The Crowleys, Free Love, the list goes on and on. Great music in this city.

Q: Which band would you love to made a cover version of?
Honestly, I would love to cover Lana in some capacity. I think I might do a cover or two of hers on our YouTube Channel in the coming months.

Q: What are your plans for the future?
Well we're releasing our new music video for our second single "Body Lies" in the next week or so and have a few more shows coming up as well as a couple more music videos coming out before the end of the year. I'm looking at booking into 2018 right now, hopefully some Toronto dates. I'm planning to start demoing in December for Burn The Louvre's debut LP due to be released in 2018. I can not wait to start working on that album.

Q: Any parting words?
I'd just like to thank anyone who might be reading this for taking the time. I'd also like to give a huge thank you to you Renato for the interview! It was an absolute pleasure
*
*
*
Thanks

https://burnthelouvre.bandcamp.com/
http://www.burnthelouvre.com/
https://www.facebook.com/burnthelouvre/